app problems after roll-back from 10

Home Windows 8.1 on Surface app problems after roll-back from 10

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Joanna Moderator Joanna Moderator 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Jo Rand
    Jo Rand
    Participant

Hi there,

After really trying with Win10 (nearly did the whole month!) I have just rolled back to Win8.1 on my pro2. Mainly because the mail app is missing some things I really needed. (I guess they may be reinstated eventually, but I wanted to go back while I could) But after roll-back I don’t seem to have access to the mail/calendar/people app at all. It says they are installed, but they won’t load up. Any suggestions? I wondered about just uninstalling and re-installing them – as factory installed apps, will I still be able to download them from the store?

Really appreciate any help – I’m pretty dependent on my pro2 for calendar and email.
      Thanks,
      Jo

Tim Rolston
      tim
      Keymaster

Jo,

I saw similar problems way back in January with the technical review. The only way I found to fix those things is to convert your account to a local version and back to a normal account.

You can find instructions here: http://www.lovemysurface.net/switch-to-a-local-account-and-vice-versa/

You may still need to reinstall some apps but, this will help quite a bit.

Jo Rand
        Jo Rand
        Participant

Thanks Tim,
          Only just saw your reply. Yesterday I decided to take my life in my hands and uninstall the mail / calendar / people app and reinstall it. Everything working fine now, and I don’t seem to have lost any of my data, contacts etc, and didn’t even need to re-establish the accounts. It was all just there, as it had been before the win10 experience 🙂 But thanks for your help.
          Jo

Joanna Moderator
          Joanna Moderator
          Keymaster

Hi Jo,
            Glad it worked out!

The topic ‘app problems after roll-back from 10’ is closed to new replies.