Can't Pin "Settings"

Home Windows 10 on Surface Can't Pin "Settings"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tim Rolston tim 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Hiram Sanchez
    Hiram Sanchez
    Participant

I’m trying to pin Settings to Taskbar. When I right click the icon in Start, all I get is “Pin to Start”. (no Pin to Taskbar) When I open it and it is on the Taskbar, I right click and only get “Close window”. I have tried a few other tricks, but nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tim Rolston
      tim
      Keymaster

Do you have the November update installed? If so, look under the “More” option. The Pin to Taskbar setting should be hidden under it.

Hiram Sanchez
        Hiram Sanchez
        Participant

I had to Reset my Surface 3 a couple of weeks ago, and all updates are installed. Settings/About is showing version 1511. When I right click Settings, all I get is Pin to Start.

(BTW: I had done the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 in July, then November update. Since resetting it, although I hadn’t wanted to, the Surface is running much smoother/faster/responsive.)

Christmas blessings for you and Joanna.

Joanna Moderator
          Joanna Moderator
          Keymaster

Hi Hiram,
            I think you are missing an update. When I right-click on the Settings (my S3 was also upgraded to Win 10), I get an option for “more” and under that I have a Pin to Taskbar option. So, something is missing on yours.

Hiram Sanchez
            Hiram Sanchez
            Participant

I wish I could say so, Joanna. My updates are current. On my laptop I get More/Pin to Taskbar, but on my S3 I don’t.

Gos Bless you and Timoteo.

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo.

Tim Rolston
                tim
                Keymaster

I had a thought.

It could be profile corruption. That can cause weird issues. So, try making a second (local) account on your Surface without touching your main account. See if the problem happens on the new account. If it does, it’s probably profile corruption.

You might be able to fix it this way….

How To: Switch to a Local Account and Vice Versa

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.