Chrome Problems

Home Applications on Surface Chrome Problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Joanna Moderator Joanna Moderator 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Mark Fleser
    Mark Fleser
    Participant

I want to be able to use Chrome on my Surface Pro 3, but it’s a PITA in tablet mode. It works fine if I have the keyboard attached, but when I use it as a tablet the touch keyboard will not display. I’ve tried turning on the touch events in chrome://flags, but it still doesn’t work. I’m using the latest 64 bit beta of chrome and Windows 10.

Tim Rolston
      tim
      Keymaster

Google, in general, and Chrome in particular is a PITA for touch.

When you say you’ve turned on touch events, I assume you hard set Enable Touch Events to Enable?

That’s usually what fixes it.

Are you having any other apps giving you the same problem or is it just Chrome?

Mark Fleser
        Mark Fleser
        Participant

Yes, I enabled touch events, but the main problem is that it won’t bring up the touch keyboard when I tap on a text field. I haven’t noticed any other issues with touch.

Firefox works fine bringing up the keyboard when it’s supposed to and I haven’t had a problem with any other app.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Mark Fleser Mark Fleser.
          Joanna Moderator
          Joanna Moderator
          Keymaster

Hi Mark,
            I noticed weird Chrome problems on my SP3 as well. When I type when using Chrome, it auto-defaults me to the URL field – not the search field. I can duplicate this across 3 devices. I think Chrome simply isn’t very touch friendly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.