Need a curser attention app

Home Everything Else Need a curser attention app

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Robert Pare Robert Pare 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Robert Pare
    Robert Pare
    Participant

As a teacher of mathematics, I need to draw the attention of my students to things I am looking at on the SP3. I have the Surface connected to 2 large screen TVs via a MS wireless video display adapter. When I go into tablet mode and am connected to the TVs, I need some way to highlight where my pen is pointing. One time last week I had a little hand floating around where I was writing and that was great… but the hand left me and I don’t know why, nor how to get it to return.

I tired the program Curser Attention, but when connected to the larges screens, the highlighted circle is misplaced and no amount of coaxing can get it to the line up correctly. Other similar programs won’t run on Win 10.

Tim Rolston
      tim
      Keymaster

Go into Control Panel then look for Mouse Properties (you can search for it from within Control Panel).

From there, you can adjust your mouse pointer size, ad mouse trails (which might help but can be annoying), and you can set it to “show you the cursor when you hit the ctrl key which might also help.

Robert Pare
        Robert Pare
        Participant

I made the changes you suggested. It is better… I am going to continue to try some things. I may have to stay in NOT tablet mode for this curser issue to be resolved. I’ll keep you (the list) posted if I find anything that really works. Thanks for the help.

Tim Rolston
            tim
            Keymaster

No problem.

Robert Pare
            Robert Pare
            Participant

I just found something on OneNote 2013. Under the Draw tab, in the Pens tab, there is a Pen Mode. There is a thing called, “Use Pen as Pointer.” If this is ON, then whatever is written disappears in about 8 seconds. This could become very useful. I have that feature pinned to the Quick Access tool bar to use. I’ll see how it works. This is a pretty good work around. The “Use Pen as Pointer” feature works for pen or highlighter. This feature along with the longer tails is a pretty good work-around when I am in tablet/presentation mode.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.