Publisher

Home Applications on Surface Publisher

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Dan Patages Dan Patages 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Dan Patages
    Dan Patages
    Participant

Our Surface 2 has Office installed but is missing Publisher. My wife needs Publisher for some of her presentations. Have any of you bought the version of Publisher that is for the Surface and what do you think of it?

Joanna Moderator
      Joanna Moderator
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,
        Which version of Office do you have? Some versions, like Office Home do no include Publisher.
        Joanna

Dan Patages
        Dan Patages
        Participant

Hi Joanna

It is the version that came with the Surface. It says 2013 when I right click on Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel. We were told that there was a version of Publisher we could pay for and download an “RT” version. Of course the Surface has Windows RT 8.1. I just want to know if anyone has used this version and will it work with the regular Publisher files.

Tim Rolston
          tim
          Keymaster

Oh, I see. I didn’t catch that you had a Surface 2 rather than a Surface Pro 2. OK, MS says:
            “Tablets running on Windows 8 RT have Office Home & Student 2013 RT (either final or preview version) installed and include the Office 2013 RT versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Tablets running on Windows 8.1 RT Preview or Windows 8.1 RT also include the Office 2013 RT version of Outlook in addition to the Office 2013 Home & Student RT applications listed above.”

It does not look like Publisher is included.

Dan Patages
            Dan Patages
            Participant

Yes I know Publisher is not included. If you read my initial post you will see that I want to know if anyone has downloaded a copy of Publisher RT (which I have been told I can do by the people at London Drugs) and what do they think of it.

Tim Rolston
              tim
              Keymaster

Hi Dan,
                You cannot download and install programs on RT devices, unless they are in the windows store. I don’t believe there is a version of RT Publisher.

Dan Patages
                Dan Patages
                Participant

Hi Tim
                  Yes you are correct. There is no Office Publisher for my Surface.

The topic ‘Publisher’ is closed to new replies.