Strange Surface Pro 3 Trackpad Issue

Home Everything Else Strange Surface Pro 3 Trackpad Issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Daniel O'Kane Daniel O’Kane 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Ellen Schaefer
    Ellen Schaefer
    Participant

First of all, I apologize in advance for not knowing much about technology. I just need some solutions to weird problems only I seem to have.

Whenever I turn on my Surface Pro 3, for the past week or so there’s been a strange issue. You know that gray box that appears when you hold your finger down on the touchscreen? That’s appearing unprompted in this one location in the upper right quadrant of the screen. Because of this, the cursor will not appear and the touchscreen will not function properly. I usually have to poke at it aggressively to make it go away. This is swiftly becoming a nuisance and hindrance. Is there anyone here who has encountered something similar, or knows how to fix this?

Daniel O'Kane
      Daniel O’Kane
      Participant

I’m having the same issue as Ellen. This also started occurring for me late last month. Could this be a Windows 10 Update issue?

I’ve completed anti-virus scan using Windows Defender as well as an anti-malware scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, all results came back clean. I’ve also run System File Checker which came back fine and have also run Chkdsk.

I have still have yet to fix the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel O'Kane
        Daniel O’Kane
        Participant

Hi Ellen,

I finally took my Surface Pro 3 to the Microsoft Store. They were able to run a calibration tool and fixed my touch screen, so I don’t have that issue anymore. You may want to do the same.

Before doing that, I reset my surface back to factory settings, however that did not fix the issue.

Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.