Unable to turn BitLocker on after windows 10 clean install on Surface Pro 3

Home Windows 10 on Surface Unable to turn BitLocker on after windows 10 clean install on Surface Pro 3

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Evgeni Hristov Evgeni Hristov 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Evgeni Hristov
    Evgeni Hristov
    Participant

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I did a clean windows 10 install on my SP3 from a system image( my SP3 start getting slow and I had plenty of installed staff I no more use). As I wanted to format drive C prior to installation(I’ve done this before) a message appeared asking me to turn BitLocker off from control panel in order to proceed further. I did it and installation went smoothly with no issues. As I start installing regular staff a notification popped in saying that BitLocker is turned off, I opened control panel to turn it on but it did not happened. I’ve tried many things, visiting various forums with no luck. My SP3 works fine otherwise, no problems, just this BL issue. Here are shots of the message I get when trying to turn BL on, and my partitions. I would appreciate it if you could help me in this regard.
      Thank you!

Aren Tarrow
      aren tarrow
      Participant

When WinRE is disabled, you cannot enable BitLocker, and you receive an error message that resembles the following.
        This PC doesn’t support entering a BitLocker recovery password during startup. Ask your administrator to configure Windows Recovery Environment so that you can use BitLocker.

Evgeni Hristov
          Evgeni Hristov
          Participant

Hi aren,
            Yes this is the message I get. So how can I enable WinRE?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.