Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics Driver

Home Surface Pro/Pro2 Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics Driver

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tim Rolston tim 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Jerry McLellan
    Jerry McLellan
    Participant

I have searched the forum, and have not found any references to Windows 10 and the Intel HD Graphics problems I have been having.

I have found many references to the fact that the Video Driver has been customized by Microsoft for the Surface, and installing the generic Intel driver is not recommended.

I get the error message “”Intel Graphics Driver for Win 8 has stopped responding but has successfully recovered” – the fact that it reverences Windows 8 when I am on Windows 10 is the clue that an updated driver is needed.

Although it does happen in general use, for some reason the Pyramid game in Microsoft Solitaire Collection causes the error in a very short period of time – always!

I have gotten the error in a desktop machine also – so I know it is not a Surface only issue.

Has anyone found any resolution to the problem, or have any idea if Microsoft is going to update the Surface Pro2 drivers?

Yes it “recovers” but whatever program caused the issue is locked, and the only way to get it working is to close and re-start.

Tim Rolston
      tim
      Keymaster

It’s unlikely that Microsoft will do something specifically for the SP2 unless it is as part of a larger update or security update.

However, you could try the latest Intel drivers, just use the instructions from this article…

http://www.lovemysurface.net/new-display-drivers-for-surface/

But use the driver package from here…

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-

Jerry McLellan
        Jerry McLellan
        Participant

I did try this before, and get the error message “Windows found driver software… Intel HD Graphics 4000
          The driver selected for this device does not support this version of windows”

Jerry McLellan
          Jerry McLellan
          Participant

I re-downloaded the zip file and tried it again, and this time it completed.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks.

Tim Rolston
              tim
              Keymaster

Good luck

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.